Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Spring in Jerusalem

I am humbled and honored to be able to join an honors program offered by Hebrew University called "Spring in Jerusalem". This program, run jointly by Hebrew U and Harvard, is for undergraduate upperclassmen who are looking to go on to grad school after graduation. It consists of a mixture of graduate level classes and undergraduate level classes, including a research seminar. I will not be taking Hebrew during this semester because I will be focusing exclusively on my majors of history and political science. I will also be staying in Israel at least until late June because of this. One benefit is that I will be able to see Dr. Jay when he brings Student Leadership University to Israel in June. I will be taking five classes under this program. The three undergraduate classes that I will be taking are "The Foreign Policy of Israel", "Palestinian Modern History and Society", and "An Introduction to the Cultural History of Jerusalem". The two graduate-level classes I will be taking are "The Political Theory of the Welfare State" (I'm going to have so much fun with that one), and "Messiahs in Conflict: Early Christianity and Judaism" (this is the research seminar). The three undergraduate classes are all at the international school, and the two graduate classes are located in other buildings throughout the university on Mount Scopus. Some of my friends that I have made here are also doing this program, which is nice since there will be very few people living in the student village for those two or three weeks in June after the semester ends. I'm excited for this new opportunity, and I look forward to taking these classes and confronting the challenge of graduate work!

No comments:

Post a Comment