Friday, June 7, 2013
People
I have met some amazing people here over the last four months, too many to adequately describe and pay tribute to. However, I feel that I must take this moment to mention and pay tribute to several people I've met over the last few months, because they have all had huge impacts on my life here, and I have no doubt that we will remain close even after we all return home. First, I have to thank my fellow Cobber Evan. Coming to a new country thousands of miles away from home is a harrowing experience, and having friends with you that you already know and are familiar with is a huge blessing. Those first few weeks here back in February were tough, and I am extremely thankful that I knew Evan and could hang out with him while I found my feet and got acclimated. I will also always remember our hours long Game of Thrones discussions and debates as we waited for our classes to start. It was difficult for me to keep straight where you were in the series so as not to give anything away while also talking about the series at the same time, but it was a lot of fun. Next, I have to pay tribute to the people in my Bible Study. You all have been such great friends over the last few months, and we've had some awesome times. Keith, you're a brilliant Bible scholar and religion expert, and our debates over eschatology have been a lot of fun. You're one of the funniest guys I've ever met, and you can always make me laugh. Aron, you are also a brilliant Biblical scholar, and your interpretations of the text, telling us the context and the original Greek and Hebrew meanings, have really helped me learn the Word and grow as a Christian. I also have loved discussing Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones with you, it's awesome to know someone who's up to date so you don't have to worry about spoiling anything. Becca, you are a great leader and I have really enjoyed being a part of your Bible study this past semester. You are an awesome person, and I'm glad that you decided to take the risk and form this group way back in February. Stacey, I am so glad to have met you and discuss all the myriad subjects that we have discussed this past semester. You are so wise, and you have a way of explaining things that makes sense of complicated topics. Amanda, I have loved taking that Jerusalem class with you and also doing Bible study with you. Your observations on life are hilarious, and hanging out with you and Stacey in your guys's apartment over the past couple of weeks has been so much fun. Arielle, I have loved sitting next to you in Nazzal's class, laughing at the way he casually talks about all the famous people he knows, and saying "no big deal" after each story. Your insights during our discussions on the Old Testament have also been excellent, and I have learned a lot from them. Jaki, you make incredible fondue, and your insights during Bible study were also very thought provoking. I love you guys, and this semester has been amazing because of you. I loved our Yam de Yam trip, and the countless priceless moments that we had during those days, from Keith's camera miraculously being brought back to life, to the night where we just watched movies for hours, to our attempt at cooking a meal, to Becca's almost getting left behind every day because she needed "one more picture", to the guy who found the turtle. This semester has been full of such great memories, and I have no doubt that I will look back on it as one of the highlights of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment